Monday, February 22, 2010

Rosemary, Potatoes, and waxing poetic: Part Two

It just seems appropriate at this point to throw in a recipe using Rosemary, since I went on and on and ON about how great it was yesterday.  This is a simple recipe - very, very easy to make, and very, very good.


Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Onions (Printable recipe HERE)
serves 4 (with maybe some leftovers for the next day)

Ingredients:

4 medium potatoes, diced large (this means chunky - obviously the larger you cut them, the longer the cooking time. See the pictures. oh, and use red or yukon gold potatoes - they have the best texture)
1 sweet onion, diced large (chunky!)
3 TBS  EVOO
2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp. sea salt (feel free to decrease this if you like less salt)
Fresh ground black pepper OR Italian Seasoning, OR Seasonello (decrease salt if you use Seasonello)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss with your hands - (This does not mean toss at your bf/hubby/so/loved one/kid because they are plucking your last nerve - just toss them around in the bowl to dispense the seasonings evenly  Although last night I was sorely tempted to toss the bowl at hubby AND son :-P.)

3. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. You don't need to turn them.


Serve and adjust seasonings as needed. I've varied them from time to time - black pepper with the rosemary one time, McCormick's Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder the next(This is another absolutely must have in your kitchen - I use this stuff on EVERYthing except well...ice cream, but you know what I mean), or even my all time favorite seasoning salt, Seasonello (which you can buy at Amazon- I swear I do not work for these people - it's just a very good deal, and I am passionate about this seasoning. The manufacturers should give me a free trip to Italy for all the blathering on I've done about it...yeah! that's a great idea!). Sometimes I will sprinkle the hot potatoes with parmesean or romano cheese before serving. This is such an easy and good way to serve potatoes! I think they taste better than french fries, and they are better FOR you.

Oh..and if you DO have any leftovers? fry them up in a pan with some eggs for breakfast the next day.  yummmmmy!
Part THREE tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment